- 3/4 cups vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream (our favorite is the Tofutti brand)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- egg replacer = 2 eggs (we used Bob's Red Mill - following instructions + measurements)
Directions: Watch video above.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
In a stand mixer, beat together butter and extracts until combined. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar on low speed until combined. Adjust speed to medium and beat together completely. Add another cup and repeat process until all sugar is used. Add milk a little at a time until consistency is fluffy and easily spreadable.
- This dough becomes softer and more delicate the longer it is out of the refrigerator, so work quickly when rolling the dough out.
- The more times you re-roll the scraps, the tougher the cookie will be. Avoid re-rolling more than twice if you prefer soft and tender cookies.
- The frosting will become lighter and fluffier the longer you beat the sugar and butter together.